Our honourable prime minister has announced complete lockdown in India, a step taken by the government to stop the spread of Coronavirus. We have to abide by the government rules by practicing social distancing and staying at home. Now I know that a lot of people are complaining that their lives have come to a standstill. But you know what instead of complaining about the things that are not in our control we should focus on the essential commodities that we actually need on a daily basis and how to store them.
In this post, we will tell you about what food items you can buy and how to store them.
1. Most importantly you should order your prescribed medicines atleast for a month from a nearby chemist.
2. Purchase non-perishable items (dry ration) like pulses, pasta, maggi, biscuits, namkeen, chips as they have longer shelf life.
3. You should also buy rice and wheat flour and store them in big steel containers.
4. You can also stock potatoes and onions but don't forget to keep them in an open area.
5. If you are thinking of purchasing vegetables like green peas, carrot, corns then make sure that you store them in a zip lock bag in the freezer.
6. Its better to buy milk powder instead of fresh milk.
7. Don't forget to purchase packets of salt, red chilli powder, turmeric and any other spice that you use on a daily basis.
8. You can purchase jams, refined oil, sauces, mayonnaise as all these will last you longer.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article. Do let us know if there are any more items that we can add to this list. Stay Home Stay Healthy