In a fast paced world of busy professionals, finding balance and inner peace can often feel like a challenging goal. Work commitments, busy meeting schedules, work deadlines can leave little or no time for self care & relaxation. Integrating yoga into your everyday routine can help you achieve both physical & mental well being.
However, integrating yoga into your daily routine can be a transformative practice that helps you cultivate both physical and mental well-being. In this blog post, we will explore how yoga can benefit busy professionals like us, providing practical tips and guidance so that everyone can incorporate yoga into their daily schedule.
IMPORTANCE OF SELF CARE
We all know that how much important is it to take some time out for our own self so that we can live a happy & balanced life. We can improve both our physical & mental health just by doing basic yogic practices everyday. When we live a stress free life, our energy levels increase and we transmit those good feelings to everyone around us.
BENEFITS OF YOGA
Here are the top 10 benefits of doing yoga everyday !
- Yoga increases your body's flexibility.
- Yoga helps in improving body's posture.
- Yoga helps in reducing inflammation.
- Yoga relaxes you mind and helps in relieving stress.
- Yoga teaches us to breathe properly. By doing Pranayama or breathing techniques, we take deep breaths that in turn benefits the entire body.
- Yoga is a very powerful mindfulness technique. By focusing on your breath, you can easily disengage from your overthinking pattern.
- Yoga helps in preventing back pain.
- Yoga helps in improving the quality of sleep.
- Yoga helps in reducing body's weight.
- Yoga helps in retaining body's vitality and motivates you towards healthy living.
BEGINNER FRIENDLY YOGA POSES
Some beginner friendly yoga poses are:
- Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
- Virabhadrasana II (Warrior Pose 2)
- Balasana (Child's Pose)
- Makarasana (Crocodile Pose)
- Shavasana (Corpse Pose)
You can read here, about all these poses in detail.
Apart from these basic yoga poses, you must practice Pranayama (breathing exercises). Some basic things to keep in mind before you get started for pranayama is that you should be empty stomach, always sit with your spine straight and practice in fresh air preferably in the early morning.
CREATE A SACRED SPACE FOR YOGA
Very important ! You must carve out a designated corner at your home for your daily yoga practice. Create an atmosphere of peace and calm to enhance your yoga experience. I would highly recommend you to add some indoor plants and soothing elements like candles, insence sticks, figurines, crystals, yoga decor, calm music, so that you can have that everyday motivation to be consistent in your practice.
ESTABLISHING A CONSISTENT YOGA ROUTINE
Its quite common that we humans after getting motivation start a new routine but only some of us are actually consistent. This is a very big challenge that everyone faces. Our busy schedules make it really hard for us to stay committed to anything. But don't you worry, just follow these simple tips to stay consistent with your yoga practice !
- You should know WHY you are practicing yoga ? You don't need to answer this to anyone but this why should be clear to you. It might be a health condition that pushed you to practice yoga or something else. If you are connected to your reason, then even on a hard day when your mind says leave it, you will still turn up for your yoga practice.
- Always set realistic goals. When you are starting, don't commit 2 hrs everyday for your practice. Rather start with small duration and then build it up slowly. Lets say, you commit 30 minutes everyday for the basic asanas. Once you are consistent and start enjoying your routine, slowly increase 15 minutes every week.
- Be OK with your slow progress. Your body can't become flexible after 2 days of practice. Its a gradual process. So just relax and know that you are improving day by day.
- Join a Yoga Class. This tip is for those who enjoy doing yoga in groups with relatives or friends. No doubt it adds a fun element to your everyday routine. Get connected to those who have an interest in yoga and get started with your practice.
Atlast, I would like to say that it is very essential for us to find balance and calm, in the midst of our busy stressful schedules. By adding few yoga asanas & breathing techniques into your daily routine, you will experience the transformative power of this ancient practice, cultivating physical strength, mental clarity, and emotional balance. Slowly as you progress, you will find moments of peace admist the chaos. This reminds me of the Lotus, that grows in the mud but is entirely unmarked by the dirt that surrounds it. So folks, embrace the yogic practices and observe how it positively impacts your personal & professional lives, allowing you to live gracefully in all aspects.